Cook’s News – 6/7/2020
Hello, hope you’re all well and had another lovely weekend. Monday again, the weeks are flying by and with now only 2 weeks until we break up for Summer holidays – we’ll soon be on countdown for the next big one.
Last week we had up to 25 pupils back in which was great to see so many of you. We had another cookery morning with Class 1 who very successfully made banana and choc chip muffins for pudding that day! We also had the good old favourite of crumble and custard to that’s your recipe for this week.
What you’ll need: Weighing scales, large bowl, oven dish,
225g Plain Flour
85g Demerara Sugar (normal is fine too)
115g Margarine / Butter softened
50g Porridge Oats (optional)
Filling: Apple (sliced and cooked until just soft) tinned fruit – peaches, mandarins, pears, Cherry Pie filling (available tinned in most supermarkets) – whatever you fancy really!
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the filling into your oven dish – depending on how full you want your crumble maybe about 3cm deep.
- Weigh flour and margarine/butter and use the rub in method (as per the cookies recipe) until your mix resembles bread crumbs.
- Gently rub in/through the mix your sugar and oats.
- Evenly place the crumble mix over your filling and pop in the oven until golden brown.
- Best enjoyed warm with custard, cream or ice cream – mmmm mmm EnjoyJ
Don’t forget to send me your pics please for he website firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care and Happy Baking
The new menu is now available for the new Academic year in September. Please can I ask that you have a look with your child/children and let me know of any alternative lunches that are required. However, these should only be requested under exceptional circumstances where a child will absolutely not eat any of the food on offer. I would ask that you encourage your child to try all of the meals that are on the menu. These should be sent to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 15th July.